WARNING: MAILING IN THIS FORM IS A FORM OF “MAIL IN” REGISTRATION.
IF YOU MAIL IN YOUR REGISTRATION, AND YOU ARE A FIRST TIME VOTER, THEN YOU CANNOT VOTE VIA MAIL IN ABSENTEE BALLOT.
This may pose a problem for students because
1) Election day is on a Tuesday (November 8, 2016)
2) You MUST vote at the town/city that is named in your driver’s license address.
IF YOU CANNOT BE AT HOME ON 11/8/16 and YOU WANT TO VOTE IN MT. PLEASANT THEN YOU HAVE THREE OPTIONS:
1) REGISTER TO VOTE BY 10/11/16 and list your Mt. Pleasant address as "Address where you live" on the voter registration form (see pic below). You can do this at any of the 144 Secretary of State Offices or at your City/County/Township Clerk Office (registering “in person,” gives you the right to vote via mail-in absentee ballot) or you can do it in a voter registration drive in Mt. Pleasant.
2) If you have already registered to vote in Michigan but *outside* of Mt. Pleasant you need to change your address by 10/11/16. You can do this at any Secretary of State or at http://www.expressSOS.com
3) Drive home and visit your city/township/county clerk by 2pm on 11/05/16, request an application to vote via absentee ballot, if you can do so fill it out, and vote in person right there.