DID YOU REGISTER ONLINE ?
WARNING: ONLINE REGISTRATION IS A FORM OF “MAIL IN” REGISTRATION.
IF YOU MAIL IN YOUR REGISTRATION, AND YOU ARE A FIRST TIME VOTER, THEN YOU CANNOT VOTE VIA MAIL IN ABSENTEE BALLOT.
This may pose a problem for students because
1) Election day is on a Tuesday (November 4, 2014)
2) You MUST vote at the town/city that is named in your driver’s license address.
IF YOU CANNOT BE AT YOUR HOME ON ELECTION DAY and YOU WANT TO VOTE THEN YOU HAVE THREE OPTIONS:
1) RE-REGISTER TO VOTE IN PERSON BY 10/06/14. You can do this at any of the 144 Secretary of State Offices or at your City/County/Township Clerk Office (registering “in person,” gives you the right to vote via mail-in absentee ballot)
2) Change your Driver’s License address to match your “CMU address” by filling out a “change of address” form (at any Secretary of State office) by 10/06/14. This will allow you to vote in Mt. Pleasant. You can always change your address back after voting if you do not want your CMU address to be your driver’s license address.
3) Drive home and visit your city/township/county clerk by 2pm 11/1/14 and vote in person right there.